The best accompaniment to a BBQ is coleslaw! But this one has a twist….Brussels Sprouts! These guys have a bad reputation, but they are rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients and we think they are delicious if cooked correctly!
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Mayonnaise (see blog for recipe)
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon finely grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 500g brussles spouts, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 100g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated coarsely
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pepitas, toasted
- Whisk the macadamia mayo (see blog for recipe), lemon zest and juice, mustard powder, horseradish and vinegar together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk the macadamia mayo, lemon zest and juice, mustard powder, horseradish and vinegar together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sprouts, cabbage, carrot, spring onion and pepitas. Toss well to combine and serve either as a side dish or as a delicious vegetarian meal.
Recipe reference : Clean Living Fast Food. Luke Hines and Scott Gooding.